Wilton Course 1: Decorating Basics / Building Buttercream Skills
In Course 1, you will learn a broad set of buttercream decorating skills using the Wilton Method® and will build skills that can be used for all decorating projects from cupcakes to cakes for any special occasion. Whether you are new to decorating or have been decorating for years, when you finish the course, you will be proud of the new skills learned and ready to showcase them on your next project.
During Course 1 your Wilton Method Instructor will help you each step of the way as you learn to:
- Make icing the right consistency to decorate
- Fill and use a decorating bag
- Ice and decorate cupcakes
- Pipe lines, letters and shapes
- Make simple borders, letters, and shapes on a cake
- Make 6 different buttercream flowers
- Transfer images to a cake to decorate
- And much more!
We include everything to complete your course, all you need to do is create:
- Wilton Course 1 - Student Pack RRP £41.99
- 8 hours tuition
- All required products to complete the course (buttercream gumpaste, fondant, etc)
- Onsite aprons
Course price: £150 including VAT per person
Each Wilton Method course is broken down into four 2 hour weekly lessons, enabling you to practise and perfect your new skills before moving on to the next lesson.
Click on an event for more details, click on Look for more to view future events: